Terms & Conditions
Lagan Homes Customer Charter
We appreciate that buying a home is one of the most important financial decisions you will make, therefore we aim to provide you with a quality new home, make the buying process as simple as possible and provide you with good customer service at all times.
Our Customer Charter sets out the help we will provide to you throughout the moving process and after you have moved in.
1. Ensure that all our marketing and advertising is clear and truthful and use clear and fair terms and conditions in our sale contract.
2. Ensure that all our marketing and advertising complies with the Property Misdescriptions Act and follows the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.
3. Provide you with detailed information about the home you are buying and guidance regarding the choices and optional extras available to you.
4. Explain a checklist of detailed information regarding the specification of your home, together with details of the surrounding development.
5. Explain the terms of your reservation.
6. Explain the steps involved in buying a new home, moving in, maintaining your new home, together with details of warranties and guarantees and our after sales service.
7. Provide you with information for running-in and maintaining your new home together with instructions for your appliances and applicable warranties and guarantees for your home. We will also give you a copy of your meter readings for you to check when you get your first utility bills.
8. Provide you with regular updates on the construction progress of your home, and when it will be ready.
9. Invite you to visit your new home before you move in so we can demonstrate to you how everything works including:-
• How to operate the heating and water systems
• How to use your kitchen appliances
• The location of stopcocks, fuse box and meters
10. For the first 2 years cover you, in conjunction with NHBC, against physical damage to your home resulting from a failure to meet NHBC construction standards. We will explain what is covered, what to do if you have an emergency and who to contact.
11. Provide you with a full 10 year guarantee against serious construction defects. There are limitations to the cover and these are fully explained in the NHBC Buildmark Cover document which you will receive from your Solicitor.
12. Ensure you receive Health and Safety advice when visiting a development and when you have moved in.
13. Arrange for our Site Manager to visit you after you have moved in to make sure you have settled in and answer any questions you may have.
14. Provide a prompt and courteous after sales service. To enable us to respond within the timescales shown below, our after sales service procedure is:
• For non-emergency service requests, you should contact your customer care department by email or telephone. We aim to respond as soon as we can, normally within two working days.
• In the unlikely event of an emergency, we provide a 24 hour, 365 day service for a full 2 years. We aim to respond as soon as possible, usually within two hours, and arrange for an emergency visit where appropriate.
• Where spare parts or materials are required this may affect our response times, but we try to solve all problems within 28 days.
• Under the terms of the NHBC Buildmark, defects will be dealt with but you remain responsible for wear and tear, decorating and routine maintenance.
15. Give you access to our formal complaints procedure if we fail to meet your reasonable expectations within a reasonable timescale. In the unlikely event that we are still unable to agree matters, we will utilise the NHBC third party dispute resolution service.