Cookies & Legal
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed onto your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps examine web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
Essentially, cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie does NOT give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Although most web browsers automatically accept cookies, you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies to your preference. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
Cookies on this website are used for:
- Analytical/performance purposes - this allows us to recognise and calculate the number of visitors and to see how visitors navigate around the website when they are using it. Therefore helping us improve the way our website functionality for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality purposes - to help us recognise you when you return to our website. This allows us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences and settings.
- Sharing purposes – this allows you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
We collect certain information or data about you when you use this website.
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you send an email to Lagan Homes
- your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site using cookies.
This helps us to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- We can’t personally identify you using your data.
Where your data is stored
We store your data on our secure servers in Ireland. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this.
Keeping your data secure
Transmitting information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data.
Any data you transmit is at your own risk.
We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to other websites.
Disclosing your information
We may pass on your personal information if we have a legal obligation to do so.. This includes exchanging information with government departments for legal reasons.
You can find out what information we hold about you, and ask us not to use any of the information we collect.
You can request us to correct any mistakes in any information we hold about you. You can request a copy of the information we hold on you.
Links to other websites
laganhomes.com contains links to and from other websites.
Following a link to another website
Following a link to laganhomes.com from another website
If you come to laganhomes.com from another website, we may receive personal information about you from the other website.
Changes to this policy
Do you need extra help?
If you would like this policy in another format (e.g. audio, large print, braille), please contact us.
How to contact us
You can use the link below that will navigate you to our 'Contact Us' page. Here you can find ways to get through to our Lagan Homes team or use our 'Make an Enquiry' form.